Superintendent PositionJanuary 21, 2020
Junior Estimator PositionJanuary 21, 2020
THE JOB: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
WKM Solutions is looking for an Administrative Assistant whose main focus will be data entry. The principal task will be to type information into our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail and beginner to intermediate financial background. You will report to the company’s Office Manager. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital server and vendor portal on a daily basis.
- Transferring data from paper formats into computer files or database systems.
- Scanning files and saving them to the appropriate folder.
- Typing in data provided directly from customers.
- Creating large spreadsheets with great amount of numbers of figures without mistakes.
- Verifying data by comparing it to source documents.
- Updating existing data.
- Retrieving data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Sorting, organizing, and filing paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Managing office communications-fielding organizational phone calls, emails, and traditional mail
- Collaborating across departments to help plan events and initiatives
- Coordinating travel plans, making itineraries, and completing bookings
- Scheduling and managing calendars
- Maintaining contact lists
- Representing office interests in relationships with external associates, including vendors, consultants, and clients
- Creating invoices
- Tracking and ordering office supplies
- Providing as-needed support to directors, managers, and executives
- Keeping shared office spaces organized
- Handling incoming and outgoing packages and mail
To perform the job adequately, the employee will be expected to:
- Recognize and respond to potential problems
- Take initiative to solve problems independently and creatively
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a variety of different formats
- Strategically manage time
- Multitask and quickly shift tasks to complete a variety of menial duties without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Organize and process information while also keeping track of physical items and projects to maximize productivity
- Maintain composure when things go wrong
- Be prompt and prepared at all times
- Remember key details as multiple people make verbal, hand-written, and emailed requests throughout the day
- Work quickly, but accurately
- Proven experience as data entry clerk.
- Proven experience in accounting or finances is preferred.
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch-typing interfaces is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
- Basic understanding of databases.
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- High school degree or equivalent.
Apply today to join our team. Among our increasing benefits, are the following:
- Company assisted (50% paid by WKM) health insurance after six months of employment, for employee plus dependents
- Company assisted (50% paid by WKM) dental insurance after six months of employment, for employee plus dependents
- Company-paid cell phone
- Forty hours of paid vacation per year, acquired at a rate of 1.54 hours per pay period
- Forty hours of paid sick leave per year, acquired at a rate of 1.54 hours per pay period
- Paid training and certification, if pertaining to position
- Salary: $36,000 – $45,000.00 / year, depending on knowledge and experience